Building a computer has various advantages over buying a computer. Regardless, most people don’t want to make a computer because it sounds hard and complicated. Besides, who knows how many parts of a computer there are anyway. Well now its time to remove ignorance and replace it with knowledge! Here are the thirteen things your computer needs to function.
1. Motherboard – It’s the brain of your computer.
2. Processor – Basically its how your computer’s brain thinks.
3. Ram – This is how fast your computer can think/multi-task. (gamers your want more of this)
4. Case – Also called a tower, this is the husk of your computer which holds everything else.
5. Power Supply – The energy of your computer.
6. DVD Rw Drive – You need a place to put all of those shiny cds you’ve got right?
7. Hard Drive – This is how much your computer can store so go big or go home.
8. Video/Audio Card – Usually these cards are built together now and the more powerful they are, the better your graphics and sound are presented.
9. CPU Cooler – Sometimes it’s a fan, sometimes its a heatsink. Computers get hot too ya know.
10. Thermal Compound – It’s what cools down the processor if you decided on a heatsink.
11. Operating System – This is how you navigate around your machine. Most people have windows in some fashion.
12. Monitor – You need this to see what your computer is doing and visually enjoy it’s awesomeness.
13 Keyboard and Mouse – Don’t you want to interact with your new monster?
I think this is all of it. Just make sure when you go to get the parts you bring that tech-savvy friend of yours and a list. In tomorrow’s post I will give you the benefits of building a computer rather than buying one. Enjoy your Wednesday Audience!